It’s been a while since I took part in one of these challenges, and honestly I was stuck for ideas on the blog today so I thought I’d share a ‘Would You Rather’ challenge? I found this one on a nifty little blog called Conversation Starters. You can view their version here. There are a lot more questions on there – nearly 300 I think. I just stuck with the firsty fifty though.
Hey, if you enjoy the blog then let me know in the comments below and maybe I can do another fifty or so on and so forth. Hope you enjoy. Thanks for reading.
- Would you rather always be 10 minutes late or always be 20 minutes early?
Tweny minutes early.
- Would you rather lose all of your money and valuables or all of the pictures you have ever taken?
Money/valuables. These can be replaced. Pictures/memories cannot.
- Would you rather be able to see 10 minutes into your own future or 10 minutes into the future of anyone but yourself?
My own future.
- Would you rather be famous when you are alive and forgotten when you die or unknown when you are alive but famous after you die?
I’m a writer. Odds are, fame is more likely after I die. I would rather my work find fame whilst I’m alive and well, though.
- Would you rather go to jail for 4 years for something you didn’t do or get away with something horrible you did but always live in fear of being caught?
I would rather get away with something horrible. I know, it sounds bad. But I will not waste four years of my life for doing nothing wrong. Hell naw.
- Would you rather accidentally be responsible for the death of a child or accidentally be responsible for the deaths of three adults?
Going to have to be three adults.
- Would you rather your shirts be always two sizes too big or one size too small?
Two sizes too big. At least then I’m comfortable.
- Would you rather live in the wilderness far from civilization or live on the streets of a city as a homeless person?
Live in the wilderness. I kind of want to do this anyway.
- Would you rather the general public think you are a horrible person but your family be very proud of you or your family think you are a horrible person but the general public be very proud of you?
I care way more about what my family thinks.
- Would you rather live your entire life in a virtual reality where all your wishes are granted or in the real world?
The real world. It intrigues me too much. Can you imagine trying to be a writer without experiencing the screwed-up but beautiful world we live in?
- Would you rather be alone for the rest of your life or always be surrounded by annoying people?
Alone. I quite enjoy being alone sometimes.
- Would you rather never use social media sites / apps again or never watch another movie or TV show?
That’s difficult. And it’s sad that it’s difficult. I would rather never used social media again.
- Would you rather have an easy job working for someone else or work for yourself but work incredibly hard?
Work for myself and work incredibly hard. I already put 100% into everything I do, so my work ethic would be no different.
- Would you rather be the first person to explore a planet or be the inventor of a drug that cures a deadly disease?
Be the inventor of a drug. It would be really cool to explore a new planet but why potentially kill yourself off when you could save thousands of people?
- Would you rather have a horrible short term memory or a horrible long term memory?
A horrible long-term memory.
- Would you rather be completely invisible for one day or be able to fly for one day?
Invisible. I would love to know what people really think of me!
- Would you rather be locked in a room that is constantly dark for a week or a room that is constantly bright for a week?
Dark. I have really sensitive eyes when it comes to light.
- Would you rather be poor but help people or become incredibly rich by hurting people?
Poor and help people.
- Would you rather live without the internet or live without AC and heating?
Live without AC and heating. I know, it’s bad. But hey, they said nothing about a fire.
- Would you rather have a horrible job, but be able to retire comfortably in 10 years or have your dream job, but have to work until the day you die?
Dream job. Would it even be ‘working’ until the day you die’ if you love what you do? If I could publish poetry and live off of the royalties, there’s no way I wouldn’t do it until the day that I die.
- Would you rather find your true love or a suitcase with five million dollars inside?
I’d quite like both. Ah, ok. Well, I’m pretty sure I’ve found my ‘true love’ so I’ll take the five million dollars please. Please.
- Would you rather be able to teleport anywhere or be able to read minds?
Read minds. I’m crap at reading people and I hate it.
- Would you rather die in 20 years with no regrets or die in 50 years with many regrets?
Die with no regrets.
- Would you rather be feared by all or loved by all?
Loved by all.
- Would you rather know when you are going to die or how you are going to die?
Neither, but if I had to choose, I’d choose ‘how’. Simply because, I don’t want to live my life on a countdown. I can know how without knowing when it will happen.
- Would you rather be transported permanently 500 years into the future or 500 years into the past?
Into the future. I think I’d get stoned in the past.
- Would you rather never be able to use a touchscreen or never be able to use a keyboard and mouse?
Never used a keyboard and mouse. I would be lost without touchscreen now.
- Would you rather be able to control fire or water?
Water. A lot of the world’s problems could be solved this way, actually. Think about it.
- Would you rather have everything you eat be too salty or not salty enough no matter how much salt you add?
Not salty enough. Not a big fan of salt, and too much salt makes me ill.
- Would you rather have hands that kept growing as you got older or feet that kept growing as you got older?
Weird question. I’ll choose feet. Hopefully I’ll still be able to walk but if my hands continued to grow I wouldn’t be able to do much for myself.
- Would you rather have unlimited sushi for life or unlimited tacos for life?
- Would you rather be unable to use search engines or unable to use social media?
Search engines. I used them daily but social media is an addiction of mine. You could even use the power of social media to find out answers you would normally get a search engine to search for.
- Would you rather give up bathing for a month or give up the internet for a month?
Internet. I know I said I’m addicted but I cannot stand feeling dirty.
- Would you rather donate your body to science or donate your organs to people who need them?
Donate to people who need them.
- Would you rather go back to age 5 with everything you know now or know now everything your future self will learn?
Know everything my future self would learn.
- Would you rather relive the same day for 365 days or lose a year of your life?
Lose a year of my life. Reliving the same day is losing a year of your life anyway.
- Would you rather have a golden voice or a silver tongue?
Golden voice, because why not?
- Would you rather be able to control animals with your mind or control electronics with your mind?
Electronics. I don’t think animals should be ‘controlled’.
- Would you rather sell all of your possessions or sell one of your organs?
All of my possessions. I wouldn’t risk my health for anything. Health is everything.
- Would you rather be infamous in history books or be forgotten after your death?
Infamous, baby. How cool would that be to have one of your poems in history books for years after your death? I kind of strive for this…
- Would you rather never have to work again or never have to sleep again?
Work again. Sounds lazy but I’m talking about my current day-job. When it comes to writing/blogging/poetry, I could do this full-time without ever having to hold back because of work hours!
- Would you rather be beautiful but stupid or intelligent but ugly?
Intelligent but ugly. I am very much your average Joe but I have a great mind, and I like that about myself.
- Would you rather see what was behind every closed door or be able to guess the combination of every safe on the first try?
That’s interesting. Guessing the combination of a safe seems pointless, unless of course you steal what is inside and that is something I wouldn’t live with doing. I would rather see behind closed doors.
- Would you rather never be able to eat meat or never be able to eat vegetables?
Again, difficult. I love my veg and meat. I do however think life would be boring with just eating veg.
- Would you rather give up watching TV / movies for a year or give up playing games for a year?
I’d give up games. I don’t get much time for gaming anyway, and movies are how I chill out.
- Would you rather always be able to see 5 minutes into the future or always be able to see 100 years into the future?
I think 100 years would be more interesting to see.
- Would you rather super sensitive taste or super sensitive hearing?
Taste. Food is my life, man.
- Would you rather be a practicing doctor or a medical researcher?
Medical researcher. It would be amazing to think you had something to do with a major cure/breakthrough.
- Would you rather be married to a 10 with a bad personality or a 6 with an amazing personality?
6 with an amazing personality. I care more about a person’s mind everytime.
- Would you rather have amazingly fast typing / texting speed or be able to read ridiculously fast?
Read fast. I’m a slow reader and because of this I never get round to reading much.